Sunday 2 December 2007

EXPERIMENT


Taking the original recipe for the WHITE FARMHOUSE TIN LOAF I've substituted the butter for Extra Virgin Olive Oil and done without the tin. I used the same weight of oil as butter, and at first this seemed like too much, but when the sponge and the dough were combined, I only had to add a little more flour to mop up the excess moisture. I separated the proven dough into two loaves as it had risen and spread much more than the original recipe. Oven temperatures and times remain the same.

edit:
through my characteristic lack of concentration, I actually used 4x the amount of olive oil than I should have, hence the oiliness of the final mix! It did, however, cook up quite nicely, though I think the mixture would be better used for rolls rather than loaves.

No comments: